A whoopie pie is such a fun treat! Is it a cake? Is it a cookie? How is it a pie? Who cares? It’s delicious!
My latest version of the treat is strawberry cheesecake, and they did not disappoint. The soft cookie has the addition of graham cracker crumbs, and it’s filled with a cream cheese frosting that’s flavored with wild strawberry artisan flavor.
Strawberry Cheesecake Whoopie Pies
June 20, 2019
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 stick butter (softened)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Amoretti Wild Strawberry Flavor
- Step 1 Make the cookie: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Step 2 In a small bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and graham cracker crumbs. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Step 4 Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Step 5 With mixer on low speed, add half of the flour mixture, then the buttermilk, then the rest of the flour.
- Step 6 Scoop batter onto parchment lined cookie sheets using a medium sized cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 Tbsp).
- Step 7 Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Step 8 Cool completely on wire rack before filling.
- Step 9 Make the filling: Cream together all of the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Step 10 Assemble: Spread or pipe filling onto the bottom of one cookie, and top with another cookie.