These brownies are for people who are in a serious, committed relationship with chocolate. If you prefer a mild brownie with a bit of cocoa, then you’ve come to the wrong place.
My family request these often, and for good reason. They’re amazing. Sometimes I bake them in my Bouchon pan and it somehow makes them even better! I would bake them that way every time, but clean up is much easier when your pan is lined with parchment.
Remember that your brownies can only be as good as the cocoa you use, so use your favorite!
Chocolate Lover's Brownies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 5 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13″ pan with parchment and set aside.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and 5 oz. of chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat.
- Step 4 Transfer butter mixture to a mixing bowl (or mix it up right in your pan if it’s scratch resistant)
- Step 5 Stir in the sugar.
- Step 6 Add the eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly (I use a hand mixer for this part.)
- Step 7 Stir in the dry ingredients by hand until just moistened.
- Step 8 Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Step 9 Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Step 10 Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares and dust with powdered sugar.