Sugared Brioche Buns- Simple. Sweet. Perfect.
If you have leftover brioche dough, you should probably make these. They are incredibly simple, and I cannot imagine a more perfect accompaniment to a hot cup of tea.
Sugared Brioche Buns
February 20, 2022
: 8 buns
: 10 min
: 25 min
: 2 hr 35 min
- Step 1 Line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners, or place 8 free standing paper baking cups on a baking sheet.
- Step 2 Divide dough into 8 equal portions.
- Step 3 Shape each portion into a tight ball and place in a paper liner.
- Step 4 Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot to rise until doubled in size, about 2-2 1/2 hours.
- Step 5 Meanwhile, whisk together the egg and water to create an egg wash.
- Step 6 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 7 Once buns have finish rising, use a pastry brush to gently coat the tops with the egg wash.
- Step 8 Sprinkle the tops with the pearl sugar.
- Step 9 Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. (Begin checking around 17 minutes as oven temperatures vary.)
- Step 10 Let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy!